COMMUNITY AND SUPPORTED EMPLOYMENT
Formerly known as XACT services, CASE Services (standing for Community and Supported Employment) offers a range of Community, Supported Employment and Transitional Brokerage Services for people with mental illness, alcohol or drug issues, and health and disability needs.
Clients served are based throughout the Hutt Valley inclusive of Eastbourne, Wainuiomata, Upper and Lower Hutt.
CASE staff are committed to working alongside people in a collaborative way that is supportive and focused on the individual’s needs, aspirations, and cultural background, working in partnership with each person to establish and achieve their objectives.
Our Employment Consultant will work with each individual to highlight each person’s abilities and strengths, and identifies any support required, ensuring a best fit for the client in their chosen endeavors.
We offer a range of services for people with disabilities, these include: Transitional Service (secondary school/college to employment or training)
Alcohol and Other Drug Services
PaTHS in Hutt Valley
All services develop tailored individualised career and development plans. These are developed in a format best suited to individuals needs, for example using planning tools such as Mind-mapping.
Input may also come from family, friends and any other identified people or organizations, where appropriate, and with the consent of each individual.
All services are free.
CASE Services to Individuals
We will help you with:
- Planning your employment or vocational goals
- Preparing your CV
- Assisting you to get ready for work
- Assisting with development goals and career aspirations
- Coaching for interviews
- How to dress for the occasion
- Information on benefits and funding
- Actual support at interviews as required
- Helping you prepare what to say, how to present yourself
- Job searching
- Negotiation with prospective employers about pay and conditions
- In Job Support, coaching, and arranging for additional training.
CASE Services to Employers
Aligned to these existing services, CASE Services also offers a professional recruitment option for employers, completely free of charge. This service has huge potential benefits for employers, and of course opportunities to those with disabilities.
These benefits include:
- Saving money with no advertising costs
- Saving time with no employment screening
- Gaining an employee matched to your job profile
- Reference checking
- Criminal conviction check
- Employment work experience (an optional chance for the employer & employee to see if the job fit is the right one)
- Our fall over promise (should things not work out, we will attempt to temporarily fill the position until another promising applicant is found)
Contact us now to see how this service can add real value to your organisation.
For more information, contact our Community and Supported Employment (CASE) Manager
on (04) 570 2320